Hello!
I'm sorry for the lack of posts lately. Apparently, the South African government controls something with the Internet and we haven't had it for several days. So, I'll recap over the last few weeks since Internet has been sporadic and slow and now I have lots of time :)
Last week, as I said before, we spent time in the schools. It was fantastic. The first school I attended with the students was a township school; most of the students lived in the shantee villages or small, overcrowded houses near the school. All of the students were black, I believe all the teachers were as well. It was obvious from the school that there was little funds going into it--and, most of the money going into was going straight back to the students. The students welcomed us in song--I can't wait to post pictures and video of it. I then observed several classrooms---I couldn't believe my eyes, 40 odd students in one classroom. With no book. No posters. No decoration. No computers. No fancy equipment. But, they were learning.
More later...I promise....tonight...back to grading :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment